In the diff views on the Stash web interface, there is an option to ignore whitespace. This is off by default and has to be switched on every time one visits the web interface.(*)
Is it possible to change the global default setting from off to on in the server's config file or somewhere else?
(*) Feature suggestion: store this in a cookie or the user profile so it persists for every user.
There's no setting for changing the default or persisting it longer, unfortunately. The setting is persisted, but only for the life of a browser tab (and any tabs opened from it).
This limited persistence is by design, but I suspect we'll eventually end up extending the persistence to the whole browser indefinitely (as you are not the first to want it). You can track a related issue for side-by-side diff preference here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-4693
UPDATE: If you look at that ticket, we've switch to storing this per-browser. So you won't have to update it when returning to Stash Dev in the same browser, but you will have to update it when switching browser
There could be a few things going on:
1. You've disabled localStorage, so that we can't store the option between page loads.
2. Your localStorage is full. Usually this won't be because of Bitbucket Server, but localStorage space is shared across a whole domain, so any other pages/apps that run on the same domain as Bitbucket Server could be filling it up.
3. It's been long enough since the last time you viewed a PR that we cleaned up the stored option preferences (we do this to conserve space in localStorage). The timeout is 28-56 days (we run every 28 days and remove anything older than 28 days).
4. You're on an old version of Stash.
5. Some other error is occurring in your JS that is stopping us from loading the options.
Don't hesitate to open a support case and we can help you debug. It would be useful to see your JS console and whether there are any errors displayed there to see if that is part of the problem.
It is just the Bitbucket cloud server as far as I know.
Ah right! This question was originally about Bitbucket Server, which is a different codebase with sometimes different behaviors. Sorry for the confusion there. I think our redesign of these forums made the cloud/server distinction less apparent.
Bitbucket Cloud/bitbucket.org unfortunately hasn't implemented sticky options yet. So what you're seeing is expected. https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/13309/user-setting-to-always-ignore-whitespace looks to be a good issue to track for that. They're putting a lot of effort into improving their PR and diff experience, so I wouldn't be too surprised if they incorporated this if you make your voice heard there.
We’ve been building a plugin to integrate Bitbucket Server and Jenkins CI, and I’m excited to announce that our alpha is ready to download and install. It lets you seamlessly configure a Jenkins job ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events