Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

I'm not receiving verification emails from Atlassian(bitbucket, jira)

Edited

hi I'm not receiving invitation mail, please help. <email_removed>

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @akashaz and welcome to the community.

Just a heads up, I removed the email from your question to protect your privacy.

I checked in our system and I saw a hard bounce event for this email created a few weeks ago.

There might have been an attempt to create an account or send an invitation before the email was operational. The hard bounce informs us that the email does not exist and in this case, it is placed in a suppression list, as we no longer try to resend to non-existing emails.

I went ahead and removed the email from the suppression list. I would suggest that you first check if you can receive emails from others to this email address e.g. you can try sending an email from any other email addresses you own to this specific one and see if you can receive them.

If that works ok, you can then try resending the verification email from Atlassian. A new one needs to be sent as the previous ones were dropped.

Please feel free to let me know if things are ok now and if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Now everything is good for me. Thanks for your help. But my friend is struggling with the same issues as me. Could you help my friend too? Can I send email address of my friend to you?

That's good to hear, thank you for the update!

Is your friend's email address from the same domain as your email address (the one you posted in your question)? If so, let me know, and I can search for bounce events for all email addresses from this domain and then remove them.

If your friend has an email address from a different domain, you can post it here, and then edit your post and remove it. I will still be able to see it in the Edit History. (Unfortunately, we don't have a way to send private messages in community).

Kind regards,
Theodora

ok Thank my friend email address :<delete_email>

Hi @akashaz,

Thank you for your reply. Your friend's email address was also on a suppression list so I  went ahead and removed it.

Can you ask them to try resending the verification email now?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Like akashaz likes this

Thank you very much. Now everything is good for me and my friend.

Sincerely

Like Theodora Boudale likes this

You are very welcome, I'm glad to have helped.

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Hi Theodora, Is there a way for us to check these bounce backs? Or do we have to raise a support ticket with you?

We are also experiencing the same issue

Hi @Sean Teo ,

I see that you have opened a support ticket for this issue and the issue was resolved there.

To answer your question, users cannot see these bounce events, it's something that needs to be checked by Atlassian staff. If users are not getting their invitations, you can either create a support ticket or post a question here in community.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Git push size limits are coming to Bitbucket Cloud starting April 4th, 2022

Beginning on April 4th, we will be implementing push limits. This means that your push cannot be completed if it is over 3.5 GB. If you do attempt to complete a push that is over 3.5 GB, it will fail...

2,158 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you