Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Bamboo Application Links to single JIRA instance allowed?

Praveen Vemula December 4, 2017

We got a single instance of Jira serving thousands of users with hundreds of projects. Within our company we got separate instances (product line specific) of Bitbucket and Bamboo installations (say one for each product line - serving multiple projects). So the questions are:

1) Can we have multiple application links setup at a "project level" so that anything happening in one bitbucket instance is only visible under the Development tab for the users connecting to that project?

2) Same question as above but for Bamboo server?

3) To login to our Jira server the password we need to use is the same password as Active directory , however if I have named (non-AD) users in Bitbucket/Bamboo servers will the application links still work?

Clearly I am the admin for Bamboo, Bitbucket and Jira is administered centrally by a different team. Like I have Bamboo and Bitbucket installations we got other teams having their own instances. But we all need to connect to same Jira instance.

What are your recommendations here. Will the performance be affected if there are too many application links?

This is slightly urgent so if you can respond asap it will be much appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2017

You can connect multiple Bamboo/Bitbucket servers to a single JIRA server.

And you can connect the AD users in JIRA to the non-AD users in those apps. Application links use OAuth and you will be asked to login as the user you want to be connected to, when you try to use the links for the first time.

Regarding performance, it depends on a lot of parameters. Surely the calls for caching data from each app will increase but that won't likely add too much load unless you have too many projects and users on the JIRA end. In that case, you will have to monitor the system resources and add more capacity as needed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events