Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install add-on's when not connected to the marketplace?

Michael Kingsbury September 22, 2021

Hi!

I'm in the process of migrating a very old instance (4.6.2) of bitbucket to a new server and database.  I understand that I have to migrate as-is first and then upgrade the instance to a newer, supported version.  In order to make this happen I need to complete a snapshot of the entirety of what's in bitbucket and I need the Bitbucket Server Backup Client but cannot figure out how get this installed.  

The instruction set I was able to locate on the Atlassian site said I can download the add-on and then upload it into the instance of Bitbucket using the .jar or OBR files.  I completed the download and it is a zip file, I uploaded the zip file to the server and extracted the files and there are quite a few jar files and no OBR files that I can locate.  

My question is: what is the actual procedure to install add-on's in Bitbucket when not connected to the Atlassian marketplace?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2022

@Michael Kingsbury 

Welcome to the Atlassian community

You should be able to download and manually install the app from the marketplace.  Just go to the app you want then select versions.  Under the versions tab you will see a link on the right for all versions.  Click this and you will be taken to the versions page.  On the versions page you will be able to hover over the version and their will be a download link.  You can take a look here https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215474/post-webhooks-for-bitbucket/version-history

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events