Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does stash have pull requests or other social coding features? If not, is that planned?

Nathan Gray April 30, 2012

Atlassian Stash looks like a pretty nice admin interface/code browser for git, but I'm not seeing pull requests, comments on commits, or other social features that make platforms like github so appealing. Are those kinds of features planned? My company is looking for something just like Stash, but we consider the social features very important.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jens Schumacher [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2012

I can't comment on our roadmap at this stage, but be assured that pull-requests and commenting are at the top of our priority list.

2 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2012

In the meantime checkout our plugin here and send us some feedback. Might tie you over

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.appfusions.stash.stash-diff-comments

0 votes
GiancarloA January 28, 2013

Hi All,

Stash now has several social features that you may be interested in:

Pull requests (released in October 2012): a simple way to contribute code, review the changes, discuss them and have the choice of what users or groups can merge them into the existing code base.

Code commenting (released in October 2012): comment on code in context when collaborating and have discussions around pull requests . After adding a comment, Reviewers are notified via email and a threaded discussion can take place in Stash.

Per-branch permissions (released in December 2012): grant ‘write’ access to specific branches to a subset of users or groups.

Cheers!

Giancarlo Lionett

0 votes
Sten Pittet
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2012

I'll invite you to watch https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-2482 to keep track of our progress.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 1, 2012

Me too. It's not in version 1. Hopefully it's on the roadmap.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events