Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Bitbucket and Bamboo Server for both public and internal connections

Alvin Chan _Ease Solutions_ May 23, 2021

I have a customer potentially looking for a setup like the following:

• Bitbucket Server running within local intranet with default port (7990), no Internet access due to security policy
  • Bamboo Server running within local intranet with default port (8085), no Internet access due to security policy
  • Jira Cloud instance that will have application link to the Bitbucket and Bamboo Servers running within local intranet
  • Users to continue working with Bitbucket and Bamboo Servers via local intranet connection, Internet access policy only allows Jira Cloud instance URL

My customer will be able to setup a HTTPS reverse proxy so that Jira Cloud can establish  the application link with Bitbucket and Bamboo Servers, but I am unsure how users can continue working with Bitbucket and Bamboo via local intranet.

I understand that the connectors for Bitbucket (via bitbucket.properties) and Bamboo (via server.xml) would have to be changed to accommodate the reverse proxy connection, and the base URLs would have to be updated to the corresponding one with HTTPS for Jira Cloud to connect to.

Does that mean the users can only access Bitbucket and Bamboo Servers via the public URL exposed for Jira Cloud after the change? Or is there a way to still access the Servers locally? (e.g. still login to the UI using local URL via intranet IP)

Thank you.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events