Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Changing URL of crowd Server

Hi,

We are moving our crowd server (version 3.4.5) to a new host. For all of our other applications (confluence, jira etc.) we were able to find the configuration for how to connect to Crowd. For BitBucket I was not able to find it. The only place that I did find it was under Settings -> User directories. There I was able to see Crowd server along with the information about it but no place to change the actual URL of the crowd server. Currently it's pointed to localhost and I don't see a way to change it.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mirek Community Leader May 30, 2021

Well according to official documentation 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/connect-bitbucket-to-crowd-776640399.html

It should be under User Directories (under 'Accounts') 

Which version of Bitbucket do you have? 

I have version 6.10.5, As you can see the in above image when I go to user Directories all I see is that I have a crowd server but there is no way to edit it.

Mirek Community Leader May 31, 2021

Well you probably are logged in as a user from that Directory. In order to edit it you need to have an admin account from Internal Directory. Then you should see edit option for Crowd server. 

@Mirek My User is full admin for the system. I can manage and do anything except this. I can even add another directory I just can't edit this one.

@Dovid Bender , as I mentioned if your user is from the Crowd directory you would not be able to edit it - you cannot edit something that you are part of to prevent locking out. 

So in order to do so you would have to log in as user that would be from internal directory (not Crowd) and would have admin access. Then you should see an edit button. 

Please read Updating directories from below documentation to get detailed info about this limitation

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-user-directories-938847049.html

I somehow missed that. I switched to a local user and that let me change it.

Like Mirek likes this

Glad that it worked :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

New improvements to user management in Bitbucket Cloud 👥

Hey Community! We’re willing to wager that quite a few of you not only use Bitbucket, but administer it too. Our team is excited to share that we’ll be releasing improvements throughout this month of...

374 views 3 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you