Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing URL of crowd Server

Dovid Bender May 30, 2021

Hi,

We are moving our crowd server (version 3.4.5) to a new host. For all of our other applications (confluence, jira etc.) we were able to find the configuration for how to connect to Crowd. For BitBucket I was not able to find it. The only place that I did find it was under Settings -> User directories. There I was able to see Crowd server along with the information about it but no place to change the actual URL of the crowd server. Currently it's pointed to localhost and I don't see a way to change it.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2021

Well according to official documentation 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/connect-bitbucket-to-crowd-776640399.html

It should be under User Directories (under 'Accounts') 

Which version of Bitbucket do you have? 

Dovid Bender May 31, 2021

bitbucket_del_me.png

I have version 6.10.5, As you can see the in above image when I go to user Directories all I see is that I have a crowd server but there is no way to edit it.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2021

Well you probably are logged in as a user from that Directory. In order to edit it you need to have an admin account from Internal Directory. Then you should see edit option for Crowd server. 

Like Dave Liao likes this

@Mirek My User is full admin for the system. I can manage and do anything except this. I can even add another directory I just can't edit this one.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2021

@Dovid Bender , as I mentioned if your user is from the Crowd directory you would not be able to edit it - you cannot edit something that you are part of to prevent locking out. 

So in order to do so you would have to log in as user that would be from internal directory (not Crowd) and would have admin access. Then you should see an edit button. 

Please read Updating directories from below documentation to get detailed info about this limitation

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-user-directories-938847049.html

Like Dave Liao likes this

I somehow missed that. I switched to a local user and that let me change it.

Like # people like this
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2021

Glad that it worked :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events