Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Login The Account At Brave Browser

Sora88 August 30, 2020

Got Bugged like this only bitbucket account. need help asap. cannot do work for repos.

3 answers

1 accepted

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2020

I've reported this issue (related to Brave's Shield settings) to Brave's developers, but until it's remediated, here are the steps to get Bitbucket working in Brave:

1. Visit id.atlassian.com (you do not necessarily need to log in)
  2. Click the Brave icon/Shield settings icon and change the cookies from the default "Cross-site cookies blocked" to "All cookies allowed"
    image.png
  3. Log in to Bitbucket (login link: bitbucket.org/account/signin)

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

1 vote
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2020

Hi @Sora88 , welcome to the Community!

It's possible that your Brave browser has blocked a script or call needed for login to occur. Would you be able to answer these questions:

• Can you log in with a different browser, such as Google Chrome or Firefox, without any extensions enabled or in an incognito window?
  • Do you receive any error messages when trying to log in?
  • Just to confirm - are you trying to log in to Bitbucket Cloud (in other words, bitbucket.org vs an instance hosted by a company that might have an address like code.companyname.com)

Thanks!
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Sora88 September 3, 2020

hmmm not sure about they blocked it for bitbucket hope the issue is fixed faster. cause I used daily for this browser since they give rewards for contribute. another than bitbucket can log in. lol

Like Thomas_Ash likes this
daniel.foster@arthrex.com September 4, 2020

I fixed it by going to brave shield and turning off cookie blocking. If you still want cookie blocking you have to somehow specifically just disable cookie blocking on bitbucket and the sso domains

edit: disable cookie blocking on sso domain, id.atlassian.com, and bitbucket.org

Sora88 September 4, 2020

try it still same

0.png1.png

Mitchell de Jong September 7, 2020

I have the same, using Brave 1.13.82 logging in to bitbucket.org. No problem logging in using a other browser from same computer. 

Tried turning off brave shield, without any effect. Every other website works flawless on Brave, except logging in to bitbucket. Which I need for the repo's..

Like # people like this
Sora88 September 10, 2020

well, I used this for my blockchain repos. than GitHub they uncover and need paying for free no. but BitBucket easily manages the repos so we can easily merge and pulling. They need to be fixed fast cause brave not like other browsers. 

Version Version 1.16.4 Chromium: 85.0.4183.102 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit)Relaunch

Ryan Johnson September 14, 2020

Agree. Same issue. Solutions listed here did not work.  I'm, in the same situation as Sora88.

Like # people like this
Deleted user September 18, 2020

Try the following:

- go to brave://settings/shields

- cookie blocking -> disabled.

then reload and try logging in again.

Like # people like this
Kailin September 18, 2020

Thanks @[deleted]. Goign to shields setting to disable cookie blocking helped solve the login problem.

Sora88 September 25, 2020

same still lollol.png

Nazmi Feeroz September 28, 2020

you will need to toggle off the shields UP for bitbucket.org and atlassian.com

Upon login, bitbucket redirects to id.atlassian.com before directing you to your bitbucket dashboard.

drazulay October 1, 2020

To be honest, in this day and age.. not being able to properly implement services without forcing paying customers to allow third party cookies.. I'm sorry but Atlassian, get your sh*t together.

You do realize there is going to be less and less support for this right? Browsers are moving to security first models.

CHIPSCrothall October 6, 2020

This! 100%  Let's put it this way.  If I can develop web apps that work in a security first model so should Atlassian.  It's Q3 2020 fix it.

Sora88 October 7, 2020

for real? ok, we wait for that if the case Atlassian can be fixed. my code is secure here than GitHub. too many bugs and error of them push-pull!

0 votes
Lukas Kotatko October 16, 2020

same issue, disable cookies blocking but still not working 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events