Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't generate Bitbucket Server license

coyers.went February 8, 2021

I got the Bitbucket server configured over the personal Ubuntu server via Docker.

In the beginning, I am prompted to enter the license key, which I don't have. But when I go to the Atlassian account and try to generate one I got redirected all the time.

On the evaluation page (https://my.atlassian.com/license/evaluation), when I select the server type (Cloud or DC) I got redirected to the workplace page. Same with the "Generate License" button.

As a result no license generated and no errors shown.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2021

Hi @coyers.went ,

On February 2, Atlassian ended the sale of new licenses for our Server products. Per the frequently asked questions about this change, the options are to license the Data Center version of Bitbucket to run on-premise, or to use Bitbucket Cloud (bitbucket.org) for repository hosting.

As it sounds like you've just started setting up a Server instance, my suggestion would be to use Cloud. Let me know if there are specific questions I can help with about using Cloud or migrating any repositories!

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support 

coyers.went February 8, 2021

So what you are saying is that starting from February 2 Bitbucket stopped supporting Server licensing and now there are only two options - Cloud and Data Center? Is this correct?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events