TLDR: I am trying to find written confirmation whether you can connect/integrate BitBucket Data Center to Jira Server and/or Confluence Server.
- We have a 10 user "Starter" license for BitBucket Server, which can not be made into a full license after Feb 2021:
"Moving from a Starter to a full license is considered a new sale, which means that as of February 2, 2021 PT (the end of new license sales), you won’t be able to upgrade your Server Starter license to a full license. After that point, upgrading will only be available by moving to either cloud or Data Center."
- Now, just getting a new BitBucket Data Center license is not a problem in it self, the costs are similar to what they would be for Server:
BitBucket Data Center
25 users: USD 2,300 per year
50 users: USD 4,200 per year
- We will continue to use Jira Software Server, Jira Core Server and Confluence Server for at least the next 12 months.
- If we buy BitBucket Data Center, can we integrate this seamlessly to Jira Software Server, Jira Core Server and Confluence Server?
This is what I have been able to find so far:
- Jira Software and Service management licenses can not be mixed:
"If you have more than one Jira application, and you want to set them up for Data Center, all the applications must have Data Center licenses. "
However, this only mentions _Jira specifically_. (which makes sense since it is based on the same software)
- Connectivity between Bitbucket, Confluence and Jira goes through a web API, the question is now if you are allowed to mix licenses between Data Center and Server products
"Do integrations with other Atlassian products, such as Jira and Bamboo, need special configuration in Bitbucket Data Center?
No. All integrations with other Atlassian products, including Jira and Bamboo, work just as they do with Bitbucket Server."
- You can between BitBucket cloud and Jira Server
- Also, this page that lists integration compatibility between Jira and Bitbucket combines "server and datacenter" in the same column:
Hey Community! We’re willing to wager that quite a few of you not only use Bitbucket, but administer it too. Our team is excited to share that we’ll be releasing improvements throughout this month of...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events