Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket rate limit consumption

Andrew Shepherd September 4, 2018

We believe we are experiencing rate limiting for bitbucket

The rate limits for bitbucket are clearly documented here Bitbucket Rate Limits

Questions

1. What are the notification options available to advise us when rate limiting is being imposed?
  2. How can we see request counts for each type of request (Git web, Hg web, SSH, etc)? 
  3. are historic hourly rate limits available, so that we can profile and plan are usage of the service 
  4. Is there advise on how other customers handle this situation? eg grow the limits, split repos into separate accounts (each with the same limits)
  5. Are there known issues with rate limit consumption for particular integrations or tools?

1 answer

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2018

Hi Andrew, welcome to the Community!

In response to your questions:

1. There are no notifications available.

2. There is currently no way for end users to check this.

3. not sure if understood but seems to be related to the previous question so, I believe that no

4. Users can use different accounts to do the calls. If each of them does ~500 requests, no limit will be reached. This limit can not be increased.

5. As far as we know, there are no current issues. If the issue is happening between a plug-in/add-on and Atlassian, they can contact us so we can fix it. 

Hope that helps!

Ana

red888 December 6, 2019

Linking to another issue I commented on (this breaks CI\CD): https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Turn-off-Rate-limit-on-REST-API-calls/qaq-p/792439?tempId=eyJvaWRjX2NvbnNlbnRfbGFuZ3VhZ2VfdmVyc2lvbiI6IjEuMCIsIm9pZGNfY29uc2VudF9ncmFudGVkX2F0IjoxNTc1NjUyMzAwMjc5fQ%3D%3D#U1245596

maybe there will be a feature for paying for increased rate limits for a specific user coming soon, hopefully? 

Like J. Longman likes this
J. Longman October 23, 2021

Renovatebot  is almost unusable with these rate limits. It only takes 6 or 7 repos and it’s game over. Yes I can stagger the jobs over time but with 400 repos it’s a lot of coordination. See also the developer stats graph add-on in the marketplace which fails to scan some repos. 

These rate limits make almost anything I try to get a competitor’s equivalent level of service impossible. 

Adding users to circumvent makes the cost equivalent and plus, I end up orchestrating that - which wastes time. 

(https://github.com/renovatebot)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events