Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket pipelines redundancy / resilience

chambois April 4, 2018

Hi there,

We're currently looking for a CI offering that can support us in our disaster recovery scenario.

Currently we are using one AWS region only (Sydney) and the scenario we're planning for is a disruption to this region. 

We're wondering if BitBucket Pipelines would still be operational in the case of a disruption/disaster to a given region? 

With thanks,
Matt

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
SebC
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2018

Hey Matt, 

Bitbucket Pipelines operates in US-east-1 and us-West-1 AWS regions. 

Issues affecting ap-se-2 that do not propagate to other regions (eg. Networking configuration), should not have any affect on Pipelines. 

Cheers,

Seb. 

chambois April 4, 2018

Awesome! Thanks for clarifying for us Seb, much appreciated ^_^

Peter March 15, 2022
0 votes
Keith Lagrange December 7, 2022

Hi there,

Bitbucket Pipelines operates in US-east-1 and us-West-1 AWS regions.

Just to clarify, can I assume that Bitbucket Pipelines is regionally fault-tolerant? Or is a customer account's workloads tied to a specific region (either us-east-1 or us-west-1)?

Can I also assume that repositories are stored in us-east-1 and us-west-1 and are protected from a regional failure in one of those regions?

We are using Bitbucket and Bitbucket Pipelines for our workloads in ap-southeast-1 (Singapore). And we want to ensure that Bitbucket and Bitbucket pipelines will work in case of a a regional outage in ap-southeast-1. Where may I find relevant documentation on this?

Thank you

Kind Regards,
Keith

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events