Bitbucket is not accepting my 2FA, but Atlassian recognizes it

MayuriDPatil_biz4 April 21, 2022

I recently got my 2FA code reset however it working on Atlassian but not on Bitbucket. Please help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2022

Hi @MayuriDPatil_biz4 and welcome to the community.

I can see in our system that you have 2FA enabled for both the Atlassian account and the Bitbucket account.

Please allow me to give some context first:

Bitbucket uses Atlassian accounts (the ones for https://id.atlassian.com/) for authentication. At the moment, it is possible to set up 2FA both for a Bitbucket account and also for an Atlassian account.

If you do that, you'll get asked for a 2FA code twice when logging in to Bitbucket; once for the Atlassian account and once for the Bitbucket account.

There should be two separate entries/accounts in the authenticator app, one for the Atlassian account and another one for the Bitbucket account.

You cannot use the codes generated for the Atlassian account to Bitbucket and vice versa.

If you have a second entry/account in your authenticator app for Bitbucket, you should use that to get a 2FA code for Bitbucket.

If you don't have another entry/account in your authenticator app for Bitbucket, you can select the link Forgot code? on the Bitbucket 2FA page and follow the instructions for receiving a 2FA recovery email. Please note that the recovery email is sent 24 hours after the request. You can disable Bitbucket 2FA with the link in that email.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events