Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bit Bucket 5.13 upgrade

Eduardo Castro August 12, 2022

Good morning/afternoon,

I'm writing to ask about upgrading Bit Bucket version 5.13. Can I jump straight forward to the 7.2 long term following the regular step to make the upgrade or I'll need to upgrade to an early 6X version first?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2022

Hello @Eduardo Castro . Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Looks like you can upgrade straight to 7.2 without going to 6 first.

Most recent LTS version for Bitbucket is 7.21.  Are you sure you don't want to upgrade to that?  Here's the upgrade guide for that version.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver0721/bitbucket-server-upgrade-guide-1115666806.html

Eduardo Castro August 12, 2022

Thanks a lot for the help! I'll go to upgrade to 7.21.

Like Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ likes this
Eduardo Castro August 16, 2022

Hey @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ by the way, forgot to ask before. I finished the upgrade successfully, do I need or can erase all the old stuff? 

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2022

If by "old stuff" you mean the 5.13 Bitbucket installation directory, then yes.  

Just make sure you don't delete the Bitbucket Home directory, since that has all the data.

Eduardo Castro August 25, 2022

Hi buddy! @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ 

I think you already know about the August security advisories right?

Right now I finished the upgrade to 7.21.3 but now the security advisories for critical vulnerability have a fix in the 7.21.3 (lucky me huh?! haha)... My question is, to patch the 7.21.3 to 7.21.4 that have the vulnerability fix, do I need to make a complete installation of the 7.21.4 or there is a simple script to fix 7.21.3?

Thanks

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2022

I've always assumed any upgrade is going to be the former, where you set up a new installation directory for the new version (7.21.4 in this case).

Like Eduardo Castro likes this
Eduardo Castro August 25, 2022

I'm having this issue updating to the fixed version:

Capture.PNG

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2022

So this may seem like a silly question, but what is your BITBUCKET_HOME set to?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events