Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication failed, unable to authenticate

Max Jørgensen August 28, 2018

Hey,

I have a problem with pulling my repository from today. Since yesterday it worked perfectly fine (and i havent changed anything since) now suddenly i cannot pull with GitBash or Git Desktop, i can log into bitbucket (and here) with the same user/pass. But when im trying to pull or clone i get asked for username/pass over and over.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2018

Hi Max,

1. Are you getting asked by the terminal, or is it some other service like Git Credential Manager, for example?
  2. Do you get any error message when you enter the password? Or you just get the prompt over and over?
  3. I assume you're using https. You can type the following in the terminal that will show you your repo's config information
    git config -l
  4. Lastly, can you confirm if you're using Bitbucket Server or Cloud?

Kind regards,

Ana

Max Jørgensen August 30, 2018

Hi Ana!

Thanks for your reply.

1: Im using Git Desktop normally, else im using git bash terminal. I face same issue regardless of what i use.

2: I do not get an error message, it simply keeps asking me for username/password, with the message that authentication failed.

3: I can see the configuration, but seems ok?

4: Im using bitbucket

0 votes
Max Jørgensen August 30, 2018

Well, problem seems to suddenly have solved itself today, or did you do something? :) 

Thanks anyway.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events