Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassianbitbucketelasticsearch cannot be started.

jalitha September 28, 2022

Screenshot 2022-09-28 at 19.33.08.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2022

The error message tells you what the problem is - it's already running.

You'll need to look at doing a full shutdown of Bitbucket server, checking that all related services stop correctly, then start it again.

Reboot doesn't work.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2022

I didn't say reboot (I assume that means you rebooted the server?), I said stop Bitbucket and make sure all of it is completely stopped, before restarting.

Rebooting the server will do that, but it might also be restarting Bitbucket (and Elasticsearch) as it boots, which would explain why you're getting this error when you try to start a duplicate service .

Thank you for your explanation. How do I make sure all of it is completely stopped?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2022

Use the process manager on the server to see what is running. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events