Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to migrate Bitbucket pipeline histroy and variables while moving repository?

sayantan.roy January 23, 2020

I have a scenario, where I would need to move bunch of Bitbucket cloud repositories from one account to another.

While in this process, I would like to know the best way to move these repos and be able to preserve most of the content as it is. I am aware of ways to preserve git related stuffs like - commits, refs, branches and tags.

But, when I tried moving it over (using git clone -mirror) it did not preserve Bitbucket pipeline related stuffs which includes repository variables, pipeline execution logs and deployment section.

Is there any way to do this? I couldn't find any document indicating this! Any help is much appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2020

I'm afraid there isn't any straightforward way to copy everything you have mentioned.

However, some of the things such as variables can be copied using the REST API. Please take a look at: https://developer.atlassian.com/bitbucket/api/2/reference/search?q=pipelines

sayantan.roy January 24, 2020

Thanks for your answer @Lenin Raj 

I think, I figured out a way to move everything is to use "Transfer Repository" feature from the settings. You do need to have "Admin"privilege to do that though.

Like Lenin Raj likes this
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2020

Glad you got it sorted.

Like sayantan.roy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events