Unreadable text in View Error Log popup

When there is an error in a build job that Bamboo tries to run it lists it in the System Errors page

DevOps - UPDATE BAMBOO SECURITY GROUPS - Update Rules › DEV-USG-JOB1-29 : Error occurred while executing the build for DevOps - UPDATE BAMBOO SECURITY GROUPS - Update Rules #29 (DEV-USG-JOB1-29)

(23 Jan 2015, 10:23:38 AM, Agents: Elastic Agent on i-ssssss)

View error log

When I click the link to view the error I get the following (using Chrome on a Mac)???? How do I read the error? This happens on ALL errors in the error log 

bambooerrorlog.png

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Lee,

As an alternative solution (which also allows you to continue using your browser of choice).

Simply perform the following (whilst logged in as an admin account or have access to admin settings).

1. Navigate to Bamboo administration (it's under the cog next to your display picture on the top right)
  2. Select the General configuration settings which are under the System group
  3. Select Save

This has the effect of disabling the extra layer of gzip compression that is currently causing this bug.

You can than view the error logs again smile

Thank you Nathan, that worked a treat

This widget could not be displayed.

As a workaround, please use Firefox. We've indentified the cause of this bug and will schedule it for fast resolution.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

73 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you