Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreadable text in View Error Log popup

Lee Myring January 22, 2015

When there is an error in a build job that Bamboo tries to run it lists it in the System Errors page

DevOps - UPDATE BAMBOO SECURITY GROUPS - Update Rules › DEV-USG-JOB1-29 : Error occurred while executing the build for DevOps - UPDATE BAMBOO SECURITY GROUPS - Update Rules #29 (DEV-USG-JOB1-29)

(23 Jan 2015, 10:23:38 AM, Agents: Elastic Agent on i-ssssss)

View error log

When I click the link to view the error I get the following (using Chrome on a Mac)???? How do I read the error? This happens on ALL errors in the error log 

bambooerrorlog.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
lassian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2015

Hi Lee,

As an alternative solution (which also allows you to continue using your browser of choice).

Simply perform the following (whilst logged in as an admin account or have access to admin settings).

1. Navigate to Bamboo administration (it's under the cog next to your display picture on the top right)
  2. Select the General configuration settings which are under the System group
  3. Select Save

This has the effect of disabling the extra layer of gzip compression that is currently causing this bug.

You can than view the error logs again smile

Lee Myring February 23, 2015

Thank you Nathan, that worked a treat

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2015

As a workaround, please use Firefox. We've indentified the cause of this bug and will schedule it for fast resolution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events