How to switch Bamboo install from cloud to server ?

Hello,

I have activated the free trial today, to run CI tests for my company. At the beginning of the installation, i chose the "Cloud" version, not realizing that I would need an effective Amazon instance (I did read the warning, though the message doesn't seem to have reached my brain)... Is there a way back ?

Instance URL is test-simon.atlassian.net.

Thanks in advance for your answer

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

"Cloud" version is a hosted solution (in Atlassian environment) and requires usage of Amazon EC2. It is not possible to use that version with local computing resources. 

You're probably looking for BTF (Behind The Firewall) version which needs to be installed on your own server. If you want to migrate the configuration you might want to use Import/Export from administration menu.

Hi Simon,

To follow up on what @Krystian Buszkowski said. The OnDemand/Cloud platform does not currently support an export functionality. The user bases are handled differently in this platform and it doesn't properly translate at this time.

Needless to say it may be better to perform a switch sooner than later (so there's less data that needs to be manually migrated over). Here's how you can do this:

• Navigate to my.atlassian.com, login
  • Create a new license and select Self Hosted 
  • Load up the https://www.atlassian.com/software/bamboo/download, download, and install!
  • Manually copy your data from your Cloud instance to your newly created BTF instance
  • Go back to my.atlassian.com and cancel your subscription to your cloud Bamboo instance.

Thanks!

Turner

OK great, thank you for your answers smile 

I haven't really made much of configuration (I am still testing the platform) so I will be migrating to the BTF instance before I make too much configuration in the cloud... Thanks !

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

92 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you