Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to give visibility settings to custom fields

Malin Rathjen February 14, 2022

Hi there!

I'm looking for an option to set visibility restrictions/permissions to custom fields in Jira. Do you think it's possible to realize that or does maybe someone of you know another workaround to realize that functionality?

Use Case is that we would like to use custom fields for ROI or investment and therefore these fields should not be visible to everyone. 

I'm looking forward to opinions and answers. 

2 answers

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2022

Jira does not have field-level security (it's a collaborative anti-pattern).

There are a couple of apps that provide them in the marketplace which are worth a look (they do work well in my experience)

0 votes
Utkarsh Agarwal _Nagarro_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2022

Hi @Malin Rathjen

For your use case, did you try Team managed projects?

Refer: available-custom-fields-for-team-managed-projects 

Fields in team-managed projects are contained within the project itself. Currently, you can't share a field created in one team-managed project with another team-managed project, or with a company-managed project. Similarly, you can't use a custom field created in a company-managed project on your team-managed project issues.

NOTE: Restrict the project access level to private.

Also, just FYI Atlassian has in scope to share team-managed projects configuration in future.

Kind Regards
Utkarsh

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events