Is a migration path for Insight from server to cloud on any roadmap?

Jan Lawrence May 26, 2021

We are currently planning a migration of JSM from server to cloud. We are currently using Insight on server and although we can export the Object Schema from the server there is currently no way to import this into cloud.

We have looked at importing the Object data but we are required to configure the schema before we import. Some of our Object schemas have over 100 different Object types making this quite an arduous manual task.

Is the functionality to import Object Schemas as well as Object Data on the cloud roadmap?

3 answers

3 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Vineet Gandhi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2021

Hi Janine,

Thank you for your patience and apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this. We do not have an automated migration path for Insights at this time. Having said that, this is something we will explore later in 2021

We will post an update here when we get closer to building a migration path.

Best,

Vineet Gandhi

Product Management, Migrations

1 vote
Answer accepted
Oto Machaladze June 23, 2023

Hello, @Jan Lawrence 

You can move Assets (previously Insight) object schemas from the server instance to the target Jira Cloud instance using the add-on Insight Assets Backup & Migration.

Please see the following article for further information:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/How-can-Assets-be-migrated-from-Jira-Data-Center-to-Cloud-or/td-p/2382324

Contact Twinit support if you have any additional queries or ideas.

BR,

Oto

Jan Lawrence June 23, 2023

Hi Oto,

Thanks for the info.

We were originally looking at this back in 2021 and at that time I wrote a python script to do the import to cloud from a backup from server.

I am under no illusion your solution is much better than my quick and dirty script. I will bear it in mind. As the deadline for migrations gets ever closer, no doubt there will be more instances where an Assets migration is required. 

Jan

Like Gia Jgarkava likes this
Oto Machaladze June 26, 2023

You're welcome.

If you need any assistance, feel free to contact me.

Oto

Like # people like this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2021

Hi @jan 

There is not yet a roadmap to perform the insight migration, but this documentation could help you and perform the import via CSV:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/import-a-csv-file-into-insight/

I hope it will help you.

Greetings

Jan Lawrence June 14, 2021

Hi @Paloma Fondon Araujo 

I was afraid this was the case. Thanks for confirming.

Jan

Like Paloma Fondon Araujo likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events