Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop community.atlassian.com from logging me in with the wrong account?

Robert Lauriston November 4, 2020

Somehow community.atlassian.com has started logging me in on my home computer using my work account. If I log out, it immediately logs me back in with the work account. I deleted the work account from Firefox. How do I make this stop?

1 answer

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2020

Hi @Robert Lauriston 

If you log out of community and click the login button can you describe the series of action that takes place from that point? 

What happens when you use the Private browser mode?

Robert Lauriston November 5, 2020

When I log out, it logs me back in immediately, without giving me a chance to provide different credentials.

Robert Lauriston November 5, 2020

Same thing with a private browser window. Maybe this is a bug in Atlassian's Google authentication, that's what we use for my work account.

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2020

Hi @Robert Lauriston 

Try using Chrome and do the same thing. if it occurs,  I think you should reset your Google profile or ensure you're not logged into it on Chrome. Check your Google settings and see what's configured there under "You and Google"

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2020

This seems to be a very common happening.
What works for me in Firefox is to log out once and immediately start a "private" browsing window. Then logging in with the appropriate account.

In case all other option fail the solution by means of "last resort" would probably inquire to create a separate firefox profile.

For chrome I would like to hand over to people here who are more familiar with it.

Robert Lauriston November 11, 2020

I had the same problem with Chrome, so I think the problem is on Atlassian's side.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events