How do I change/remove an email address linked to my account?

Widerlani Campos June 24, 2019

Last week I got an email on my professional email account (@monitoratec) saying that I hadn't logged in to the Atlassian Community in a while, so I clicked the link and logged in and though "might as well report a bug that I found on the new Jira interface".

But after I created my post, I got an email about it on my personal email (@gmail).
So I went to look at the settings and I saw that it had my personal email address:
Selection_005.png

Then I clicked the link to change it to my professional email address, but I found that it was already set:
Selection_004.png
How do I remove my personal email address? I didn't find where to change it.

I tried changing the email address, in the screen in the second picture, but it won't let me change it to the one @monitoratec nor to the one @gmail (my plan was to change it and then change it back, but honestly I don't know if that's such a good idea anymore).

Also, it's funny that I get some emails on my personal email and others on my professional email.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2019

Hi,

I understand that you are seeing two different email addresses for your account in Community vs your same account on the ID platform.

The Community site is syncing your email address from that id.atlassian.com site, but this is not happening on a set interval of time.  Rather the sync of that user data is only happening when you first login to Community after the changes have been made there.  So if you still had a cookie session to Community, I can see how this problem could happen.

What you need to do to fix this is

1. Log out of community (Click your user profile in the top right corner and select Log Out)
  2. In the same browser, go to https://id.atlassian.com and confirm your email address there is correct for this account.  if so then go to next step
  3. Log in to Community again.

This should then update the user profile records to have the correct email address for your account.

Regards,

Andy

Widerlani Campos June 24, 2019

Yep! That did it, thanks!
I don't even recall creating this account with my personal email, but logging out then logging back in with my professional email worked, thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events