Is there a way to export custom fields?

Hannah Meneley January 24, 2024

Hi!  Reading through some of your documentation (specifically here), it looks like you currently only support exporting native fields.  We have upgraded our instance to the standard plan and are trying to export our custom fields.  Is that on your roadmap anywhere? 

Thanks! 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Vernon Laquindanum
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2024

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for writing in! Exporting custom fields alongside native fields is a great call, and one that we weren't able to prioritize for the custom fields release. We are always looking for ways to improve and make things better, so I've added this to our ideas backlog to take back to the team and hopefully implement in the near future. If you've got any other feedback or have any other ways we could improve, please let us know.

Thanks!

0 votes
Bob Ouellette February 5, 2024

Hi Vernon

We were on the "free version" of the product and recently upgraded to the next level to allow us yo get access to "Custom Fields". We really need to be able to extract all fields, including the custom ones in order to get the full value of upgrading to your "pay-for" product. Is there any possible timeline to get this feature through your backlog into the product? We have built an OKR tracking system in your tool and need the extra custom fields to allow us to understand the types, relationships and ownership. 

Vernon Laquindanum
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2024

Hi Bob,

I'll double-check with our team on any timelines, but the custom fields feature is still relatively new and we may not have been able to include exporting in the initial release.

I've added your note to the ticket in our backlog as well—the more requests we get for specific features, the better we are at prioritizing things in our backlog.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime, thanks!

Nils
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 18, 2024

Hi Vernon,

are there any updates on the timeline regarding the export of custom fields?

Cheers,

Like Raquel Lewis likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events