Getting endless sync updates!

Jonathan Blackburn December 19, 2023

I've created a project in Atlas and linked it to an Epic in Jira SW and had synced the two.

I have been using Plans and have have also installed BigPicture (not really using it yet) as I'm testing a few things.

I'm getting constant emails (159 and counting) from Atlas for Jira Cloud (Jira) telling me that " Atlas for Jira Cloud made XX updates." then lists the same Start date 30-50 times! 

Currently the Start date field is not added to the Epic screen but is visible in the Plans view. Could this be an issue?

1 answer

1 vote
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2024

Hi @Jonathan Blackburn ,

This is not expected, and I couldn't reproduce the issue myself, but I'm not using Plans. Are you seeing this issue only with one project in particular? Are you changing the dates either in Atlas or the Plan when you receive these updates?

Jonathan Blackburn January 10, 2024

One project only. Changed in both. 

It's finally stopped now but I think I got up to 1000 emails or so!

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Kristin Leggo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 18, 2024

I also have this issue - with a very similar set up to @Jonathan Blackburn .

Any further updates/ideas on what was happening? Or more importantly - how to stop it! :)  I haven't changed the dates in Atlas or the Plan - the mails seem to be triggered automatically every 10 mins when the Atlas project syncs with the Jira SW epic cc @Carlos Garcia Navarro 

Any tips appreciated!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events