Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are a startup from Russia. Will the free version work for users in Russia?

Ринат Девятьяров August 2, 2023

We are 9 people in the team. We maintain tasks in Jira, and documentation in confluence. I would like to know if we will be able to continue working or will the company block our profiles and should we move?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2023

@Ринат Девятьяров I suggest to take a look at this recent development on Atlassian's stance on business entities in Russia and Belarus: Будут ли ограничения на работу в России? (atlassian.com). The latest comment is from July 2023.

Ринат Девятьяров August 2, 2023

Thank you, Kalin! I looked, while the answers to the user's question have not been received. All we know is that paid services are not available to users, but since we have 9 people, we use the free version. And I can't find information anywhere whether a free version will be available for Russian users

Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2023

@Ринат Девятьяров Did you see the screenshot from this particular comment dated July 12, 2023? This (in italic) was supposedly an email sent by Atlassian (there is no proof whatsoever or any other public information about it):

We are contacting you to let you know that Atlassian is winding down its operations in Russia and Belarus, and our records identify you are using Atlassian's no-charge product(s) within these identified regions. As such, this email constitutes notice that, in accordance with our Cloud Terms of Service, we will terminate your Atlassian account in 30 days.

We understand this is difficult news and we know that you are operating in a country waging a war you may neither support nor have the ability to stop. However, due to implementation of laws compelling all Russian businesses to support the invasion of Ukraine, we have made the difficult decision to wind down operations in these markets.

I would contact Atlassian directly in relation to your instance's future and your options: Pricing, billing & licensing inquiries | Atlassian.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events