Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to filter in the Epic Link field? (Jira Software)

Vitor Lima October 7, 2019

I only need to show the epics of my project, the epic link field is showing from other projects. Want to know if you can filter by a specific project?

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Kuhl _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2019

Yes, use this issue filter:

issuetype = Epic and project = "My Project Name"

Vitor Lima October 7, 2019

@Michael Kuhl _Appfire_ , 

I don't think I explained it very well, I need to directly filter only my epics in the field. The ones in the red rectangle are mine and the green ones are from other projects, I want to bring only mine.

Michael Kuhl _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2019

The following filter will return only your desired epics plus their children:

key in (KD-15,KD-16,KD-17,KD-18) or epicLink in (KD-15,KD-16,KD-17,KD-18) . 

Used on a board as a quick filter (for example) that would only show those epics and their epic children on the board.

Is that what you need?

Vitor Lima October 8, 2019

@Michael Kuhl _Appfire_ 

So, I created the filter, it brings the epics right, but my boss wants to set it right on the card, like when a task is created, he wants to define her an epic that he created, but the epic link field is used by other parts of the company, so when he goes to set the epic for the task, he brings these other epics from other projects. He wants to come to the card field only what he created, unfortunately it is not to create a panel, so he wanted to know if there is any way to do this in the field inside the card.
But thank you for the other answers.

Image attachedimg9.png

Michael Kuhl _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2019

For the built-in Epic Link field the selection of Epics will be all the issues which are visible in Jira to your boss.  If you want give your boss an Epic Link field that is constrained to only those they have created then you will need to create a custom field based on a JQL query such as "creator=your.boss and issuetype=Epic".  Then have the value of that field replace the value in the built-in Epic Link field.

To create such a custom field you will need a 3rd party app such as Script Runner or Elements.

Vitor Lima October 8, 2019

@Michael Kuhl _Appfire_ 

Show, thank you very much for your help, I will try to do this, is because this epic field link is used throughout the company, then ends up confusing the developers who is who in the projects.

Nicolas Karlinski June 15, 2020

@Vitor Lima - did you manage to find a solution ? I have the same pb..

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user June 23, 2020

I too need to filter using an epic link for my dashboard. Let me know some quick method.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events