Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grouping by Label inconsistent behavior

Andrew Horvatits February 10, 2023

I'm seeing behavior where certain issues aren't being grouped by label in a plan, and I can't figure out if it's a bug or intended behavior based on some nuance I'm missing.

To set the stage, I've got a plan that's pulling in issues from 7 or 8 boards without any exclusion rules set up. From there, I'm trying to use the group by label function to group all of our Q1 epics, which are tagged with "2023-Q1".

Someone else on our team pointed out that some epics with the "2023-Q1" label were in the "All Other Issues" section and not our "Q1" group. I confirmed the behavior and began investigating. At first I thought it had to do with child issues of the epic missing the Q1 label, but after reviewing a few epics and ensuring all child issues were labelled appropriately it doesn't seem to have made a difference.

I've also tried removing and re-applying the label, and removing the group view before reconfiguring it. Currently my work-around is just filtering by label, but that won't work long-term as we expand our utilization of plans. 

Screenshots of some details are below.

An item being included in our Q1 group even though it's missing the label. This seems to have been because of child issues with the Q1 label.

Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 9.24.39 AM.png

The view settings, showing the group by setting.Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 9.24.45 AM.png

A number of epics with the Q1 label that are being grouped with All other issues. Some of these I reviewed child cases for and ensured they all had the Q1 label. 

Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 9.25.05 AM.png

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events