Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goals and what is Atlas ?

Rees_ Ian July 1, 2024

I hope somebody can help because Atlassian Support just send me more confusing messages. We are Jira Premium subscribers.  Recently a new menu item appeared "Goals". When I click on Goals, there is no functionality but there is some information about Goals, and it takes me to a page where I can "Get early access to goals" which takes me to a page where I can sign up to an EAP for "Platform experiences".

So I have contacted Atlassian support to ask them questions such as

1) Do we have to buy "Platform experiences" to get the Goals feature

2) Is it an additional cost ?

Then the replies from support are all about "Atlas" !! Which has left me even more confused.

Can anybody tell me how "Atlas" and "Platform experiences" connect.  Are they different paid for products and is the non functional "Goals" feature just a way to upsell to these products ?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2024

Hi @Rees_ Ian ,

Rees_ Ian July 1, 2024

Thanks - I wasn't aware of Atlas until the Goals menu item appeared.  But I see that Platform experiences EAP is not HIPPA, SOC 2 or ISO 27001 compliant - does that mean I can still add Atlas whilst Platform experiences is in EAP and I assume Atlas IS HIPPA, SOC 2 or ISO 27001 compliant

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2024

for your query "can I still add Atlas whilst Platform experiences is in EAP and I assume Atlas IS HIPPA, SOC 2 or ISO 27001 compliant" 
--You need to contact Atlassian support for this answer

Rees_ Ian July 1, 2024

Thanks, I now understand how it all connects. In our Jira Cloud Premium subscription, there is no functionality behind the Goals menu item and after a few clicks it gives me the option to enrol in the Atlassian Platform Experiences EAP. What I now understand it that Atlassian Platform Experiences is incorporation of the teamwork features that were available in a separate Atlassian product called Atlas. Atlas is being retired as a product, and its features will become available to Atlassians customer for free without the need for a separate product license - it will be provisioned from the Jira Admin Hub. Although you can get access to Platform Experiences now by enrolling in the EAP, it is NOT HIPAA, SOC 2 or ISO 27001 compliant. The Atlas product itself is not classifed as "Cloud fortified" (it is "Cloud Security Participant"). Atlassian's plan is to add enterprise compliance that wasn’t previously available with Atlas to Platform Experiences, before general release (hopefully that means they plan for it to be "Cloud fortified"). I can't find how long the EAP is expected to run

Like Rilwan Ahmed likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events