Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users can't see issues in Roadmap Plan

Ann Sciandra April 4, 2022

I set up a Roadmap plan and the users I added to the plan are able to view the plan, but unable to see any issues tagged in the plan. 

I've checked the following:

• The users are added to the Project that the plan is in. 
  • In the plan settings, the users have been added to the Edit & View access. 
  • The users have the permissions listed under the Advance Roadmap User section in the Advanced Roadmaps permissions.

Not sure what else I need to change so the users can see the issues within the plan. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

4 answers

2 votes
Kristen Bond May 12, 2022

Are you using a filter for your plan?  If yes, then make sure that filter is public.

Tom Leser February 2, 2024

This just got me.  SPent a few hours troubleshooting permissions.  Now I'm trying to see why users don't have the ability to change their views, the button is not even there next to filters.

0 votes
Ntamen kamogne harry Michel July 21, 2023

@Ann Sciandra 

What is the typical outcome?

Is it the same for you?

Can you even see your results in the roadmap?

0 votes
Nagabharana S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2023

Hello @Ann Sciandra ,

From the Plan Setting, ensure the Access Control permission points to the correct group for Edit ad View.

Also, check that Advanced Roadmap Users or Advanced Roadmap Viewer make sure the user you are sharing Plan with is in one of the assigned groups.

Please refer to https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/set-permissions-in-advanced-roadmaps/

Hope this helps. :)

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2022

Hi @Ann Sciandra 

Welcome to the community!

Do these users have access to see the content of the plan in native Jira?
As AR permissions do not override Jira permissions, so despite you giving them access to the Plan if they do not have access to the Jira Project/s within the plan, they will not be able to view the content.

Ann Sciandra April 4, 2022

Hi @Curt Holley - thanks for the follow up on my question! The users do have permissions to access the Jira Projects within the plan. 

Like Curt Holley likes this
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2022

Can anyone see the issues in the plan? Presumably you can?

What about other plans, are they working and are there any differences in their configuration?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events