Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to query Team field in basic search

Darrel Jackson August 9, 2021

I've recently moved from using a custom field called "Squad" to represent issue assignment to teams. It's a drop down with a list of teams. I've now migrated to using the Team custom field in Advanced Roadmaps.

I can query both Squad and Team in JQL however I can't query Team in the basic search. I see this:

Team Search.png

Is this a bug/known issue?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2021

It is a known constraint of the team field. So yes! you need to be in JQL mode to use it.

Not sure where Atlassian are at with any changes to the Team field, as it is not a sortable field either (which would be rather useful).

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Curt 

Haris Vugdalic August 11, 2021

@Curt Holley is there a defect or requirement link that we can watch/vote on?

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2021
Haris Vugdalic August 12, 2021

I ran across that issue when doing some searching myself but it's already closed by Atlassian and also does not appear to line up with the issue we're describing.

Darrel Jackson August 13, 2021

Yes, looks to be a different issue.

0 votes
Mason Mackey March 3, 2022

I'm having the same issue with the `Platform` custom field. Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 4.26.21 PM.png

0 votes
Haris Vugdalic August 10, 2021

Seeing the same issue with basic search of the Advance Roadmaps- "Team[Team]" field. Works as expected in advanced JQL mode but throwing this same error on basic search. Seems like a bug?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events