Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team capacity in the ongoing sprint

Svajunas Gaina July 25, 2022

Hi,

I've noticed that when viewing ongoing sprint form the advanced roadmaps "Allocated hours" reduces every day as the remaining estimate decreases though total capacity does not change. Is this functionality as intented or I am missing something?

It might be misleading viewing it after the sprint is started, as it does not account for the remaining capacity as the sprint goes on while taking into account remaining work.

For example:
Day 1; 200/200 100% full
Day 2 160/200 80% full

capacity.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2022

Hi @Svajunas Gaina,

Yes, I believe this works as intended. In scrum, a sprint is planned ahead and the amount of hours / story points committed to is - by the book - not supposed to change either during that sprint. If your team follows this practice and does not add additional work after the sprint was started, the commitment / capacity balance during the sprint and your long term planning should not be impacted by the fact that time progresses.

Hope this helps! 

Svajunas Gaina July 28, 2022

I've tested functionality with test project more in depth and I realized that 117/200 is the remaining/total work added to the sprint. I thought that total was the sprint capacity.

Thanks for your answer though!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events