Overview of capacity of shared teams over different plans.

jeroen_wilmes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2022

We have a team that works for different JIRA Development projects.

Is it possible to do capacity planning for this team in advanced roadmaps, if so How?

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2022

Hi @jeroen_wilmes 

You need to make use of the shared teams concept in Advanced Roadmaps/Jira premium.

Once set-up, you can see all their work as one Team grouping

Manage capacity in Advanced Roadmaps | Jira Software Cloud | Atlassian Support

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2022

Disclaimer: marketplace partner!

Hey @jeroen_wilmes -

If you are open to a 3rd party you should look into minware. The below screenshots show 1. Capacity based on current assigned tasks 2. Projected completion dates of projects (note the resource dependency):

Capacity

minware capacity.png

minware capacity_epic.png

jeroen_wilmes
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2022

Thanks for informing me about this option. As I have already seen more discussions and also feedback from Atlassian that they are working on a kind of way to better support team functionalities, I would prefer to go that way.  Without that functionality, Advanced Roadmaps, to me is not complete.

Like Dan -minware- likes this
Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2022

@jeroen_wilmes Of course - thank you for sharing additional information. I hope you are able to solve for this and please let me know if we can ever help! 

Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2023

Hey @jeroen_wilmes hope all is well! Curious if you were ultimately able to solve for this?

0 votes
Tanes March 16, 2023

I would like to take that route as I have already seen more talks and input from Atlassian indicating that they are working on a method to better enable team functionalities. To me, Advanced Roadmaps is incomplete without such feature.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events