Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to display more than the two Start and End dates on the Gantt chart?

Lukas Lyon March 18, 2021

I like the advanced roadmap, particularly for dependency planning. However, I would like to show three dates on the gantt chart, not just start date and end date. I'd like to show:

Start Date, Staging Date, Prod Date

Currently, it looks like we're limited to the Start and End date fields, though I'm aware I can configure which fields those dates are ultimately pulled from in the roadmap scheduling settings. I know I can also add custom fields to the table that populates to the left of the roadmap; I would like this date to also be displayed on the roadmap itself.

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 vote
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2021

Hi @Lukas Lyon

Thanks for asking this question. Unfortunately this isn't possible at the moment in Advanced Roadmaps and we currently have no plans to implement something like this. I do understand the reasoning behind the suggestion here but this arguably goes against the ethos behind the changes we made to the old "Live Plans" interface to simplify the planning experience (which have generally been very successful). The workaround for this would probably be to increase the hierarchy levels and create additional issues for each stage of the process.

Regards,

Dave

0 votes
Mireille O_Neil August 4, 2022

Hi, I have a similar question. I would like to use two data pairs (target start/end and actual start/end) as a source in Advance Roadmaps.

I know that you can switch between the data pairs, but then you can't compare your target time vs actual times.

We want to use it for our multi project management. Creating the same issue twice with "target" and "actual" dates doesn't provide the desired the visualisation. We would like the bar for one issue to show both data pairs.

At the moment we are using the export function to csv and do our own reportin Excel. It works but we would like Jira to be our only software we are using for project management.

Are there any plans to implement it?

Thanks in advance!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events