Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track epic across Projects in Jira Cloud

Raquelle Carter September 13, 2022

Hi I'm new to Jira Cloud, but used Jira server product in the past.  My current department needs a way to visualize/manage in relation to a roadmap epics across multiple teams.  in the past i would've been able to create a board that used was populated by a filter(s) pulling from multiple projects.  i don't have that option now. i'm not sure if i just don't know how to edit my jira cloud config or if my version of the product doesn't have that functionality.

Please help me figure this out.

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

Hi @Raquelle Carter and welcome to the community.

You can still create cross-functional board filters in cloud.  However, one differentiating factor in cloud is how easy it is to create a Team-Managed project which is a dramatically scaled-down version of a Company-Managed project.  Can you please confirm which type of project you're working with?  This will be in the project settings at the bottom of the left navigation.

If you're on a Team-Managed project, you will be constrained to issues for that project.  If it's company managed, you'll be able to change the board filter just as you did on server. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events