How to restore a EPIC, Task, or SubTask to my existing Project plan which I removed from my project

Jeanne Higgins February 4, 2022

How do I restore a EPIC, Task, or SubTask to my existing Project plan which I removed from my project plan?  I went to my Project plan and went to configure and clicked the "Removed Issues" which states "Removed issues The issues below have been removed from the plan, but are still in Jira. Select any that you want to re-include. A maximum of 5000 issues can be loaded." I wanted to reinclude a couple of subtasks to my Project Plan so I clicked on the two tasks ("484-542 / Current Workflow, Captured" and "485-542 / Future Workflow, Captured ") and clicked "Re-include" but I do not see these tasks showing up in my Project Plan.. These were both originally under Parent "483 Create Workflow-Current and Future". is there some permission or something I need to have for this to show back on my Project Plan?

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Ortiz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2022

Hi,

Were the issues you created actually in Jira?  In other words, did they actually have a Jira ID/Key associated to them?  I've been trying to replicate what you did, and I lost the issues ONLY when I created them in the plan, but didn't "Review Changes" which pushes/creates the issues back in Jira. 

For example, I have two sub tasks. One has a valid Jira id. The other doesn't.  I removed them both from my plan.Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 6.27.35 PM.png

When I go to my removed issues, I will ONLY see DP-39.

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 6.27.52 PM.png

I then select the only issue that did show up, and clicked in Re-include.  As you can see, my issue is back.

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 6.28.08 PM.png

Jeanne Higgins February 5, 2022

Alex,

Hi.

I did do the re-include of the two tasks that I want to bring into my Advanced Roadmaps Project Plan and did do the Review Changes and accepted.

I definitely re-includedthem because they are no longer in the "Removed Issues" list.  They aren't showing up on the bottom of my plan.  However I do see them in the acctual Jira Project so not sure if I have to do something there to get them back on the plan?

Project showing tasks that re-included but not showing up in plan 02052022.png

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2022

@Jeanne Higgins -

You just need to access plan's configuration > Issue sources > Edit issue sources.  Once in the issue sources configuration UI - In the step "Confirm what's in scope" page, change the dropdown on the issue types to Epic (since you are focusing on bringing back your removed Epic), you will see all the Epics listed.  

2022-02-04_16-43-08.png

In the listing, find your desired Epic and check the checkbox next to it.  You may also need to expand that specific Epic to ensure all of the child of it (i.e. Story/Subtask etc) are also checked.

To complete the process, just click on the DONE button.

Now go back to your plan and you will see the missing Epic and related issues are back into the plan.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Jeanne Higgins February 5, 2022

Joseph,

Hi.

I did go to my Advanced Road Maps Project Plan to the configuration > Issue sources, but don't see the Edit issue sources option so how do I get that.  Here is a screenshot of what I see.

Project Plan Configure Showing Issue Sources no edit 02052022.png

How do you get to the issue sources configuration UI - In the step "Confirm what's in scope" page because I don't see that either?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events