Hierarchy advanced roadmaps

Mario Amaya November 22, 2022

Hey Guys im facing a mistake here.

Im trying to group the issues by this

Initiative

Epics

Stories

Tasks

But i'm trying to group the tasks under the Stories and it doesn't allow me in the advanced roadmaps. Do you know why?

I mean they are separate.tasks.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2022

Hi @Mario Amaya 

You can't have multiple levels of "standard" issue types in your hierarchy. All standard issue types (which includes both Stories and Tasks) are going to reside at the standard level. Similarly, all issue types that exist in your instance that are of the Sub-task level, will be in the sub-task level of your Hierarchy.

2022-11-23 13_20_10-Issue type hierarchy.png

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Generally, Advanced Roadmaps ignores items at the sub-task level.

As they are a fragment of their parent story, and not really an item in their own right, all a planner needs to know about them is actually already on the story that they are a part of.  A sub-task does not have a version, planned date, or even (useful at a roadmap level) status outside that of its parent.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events