Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the default working hours from 8h to 6h in Advanced Roadmaps?

mark_liebold September 7, 2020

The default working hours per day in our JIRA setup is 6h, in Advanced Roadmaps it is 8h. The problem that we are encountering is that Advanced Roadmaps is taking the estimated hours and converting them into days which screws up the estimates being shown in AR: An estimation of 5d (30h) in JIRA is being turned into 3.75d in AR. This makes planning difficult.  

I am aware that it is possible to display the estimations in hours, but having numbers with three digits for an estimation like 196h, isn't helpful at all for various reasons. 

Is there a way to change the default working hours per day in Advanced Roadmaps or inherit the settings from JIRA?

Thank you!

Mark

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2020

Hi @mark_liebold 

I think this is only an issue on the New Interface.

If you switch to the Classic Interface (Cog Icon > Configure > Planning Interface > Disable improved interface), Advanced Roadmaps appears to follow the same time tracking settings as Jira.

I did locate a bug for this in Jira Server - see: JPOSERVER-2701 - I would suggest raising a bug for Jira Cloud's version via https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

------------

Edit 08/09: Support have since confirmed this is not a bug - it's standard functionality in the New Interface. 8 hours is now the default length for a working day and cannot be altered. See more on this page.

Ste

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ ,
Thanks for the quick response. I will raise a bug as suggested.

On a different note: It's a different topic but related to the improved interface and a potential issue I have noticed: Do you know if it is by design that the estimates of tasks/stories/etc are not being summed up in the epic in the improved interface? If not, I will raise another bug. 

Cheers,

Mark

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2020

Hi @mark_liebold 

You can activate the roll-up of estimates:

1. Select "View Settings" (top-right corner of roadmap)
  2. In the "Roll-up" section, check the "Others" checkbox

Ste

Like mark_liebold likes this

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ ,

Thanks a lot! It's beautiful :)

Cheers,

Mark

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ FYI: After I raised the bug I got feedback from a support engineer and unfortunately, it is not a bug :/

"With the new experience release, we have set the working hours to 8h per day and this is non-configurable. This is mentioned in the documentation below:
Changes in the improved interface

The following settings from live plans are also used as default:

• Working hours and days
  • Region: System default
  • Work day: 8 hours
  • Work week: Monday through Friday

So it's not possible to customize these Working hours and days settings anymore in the improved interface."

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2020

Hi @mark_liebold 

Thanks for letting me know!

I've updated my original answer to include this information.

This might not be a bug, but if you think having this option configurable would be beneficial, you can still raise it as a feature request :)

Do that from this page: https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events