Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I configure project so can't create Initiatives but can add Parent Link to an Initiative

Ian Rees May 24, 2022

I have created a new issue type and hierarchy level above Epic called Initiative.  Initiatives are for cross project work.  I thought if I just added the Initiative issue type to the 'Cross project' Jira Project, that Initiaves could be created in that project (that all works ok) but I wanted other projects to be able to add Initiave Parent Links to their Epics (i.e. link their Epics to cross project Initiaties) but NOT create initiatives themselves.  The reason for that is that if they create their own PRoject Initiatives and make them parents of their Epics, the Epics cannot then be children of the 'Cross Project' Initiaves. Is that possible ?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ian Rees May 24, 2022

This is solved. It is possible to configure as desired.  Projects do not need to have Initiatives in their Issue type scheme to make their Epics children of other projects Epics

0 votes
Bandarupalli Sai May 26, 2022

Yes, you can use the initiatives across all projects in your instance without adding the initiatives in all projects. This is how the roadmap plans hierarchy works.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events