Advanced Roadmaps, Sprints showing Unassigned

Richard Way August 10, 2021

Hey there,

I have two different cross-project Plans and both are showing the same result. Both have the items source set to a saved filter and are showing the appropriate initiatives/epics/stories. 

The view settings are set to group by sprint and show capacity in timeline. 

All of the stories are set to one of 3 sprints. Two of which overlap from different teams, one which is in the future. 

In the plans, the grouping shows "Unassigned" and the start and end dates are not populated. So I'm assuming that for some reason the plan isn't seeing the link from the story to the sprint? Any idea what I'm doing wrong? 

Structure wise I have multiple projects - 
POC1, POC2, ... are application specific projects and hold epics/stories/subtasks/releases
PMO is just to hold the initiatives
ADT is the app dev team, to hold the sprints and boards
MF is the mainframe team, to hold the sprints and boards

I may consolidate ADT/MF/... into one project and just create different boards, but I don't think that should create any changes for the plan issue

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Richard Way August 12, 2021

Heard back from support today. 

I created a new board based on the filter.

I set the plan's issue source to the board instead of the filter.

And everything shows up correctly now!

0 votes

I created a new project, added parent link and initiative issue types. Created a new issue, 2 new epics (parent linked to the initiative), and 4 tasks (2 linked to each epic). All in one project, no custom filters. 

Switched to the project's Roadmap, it shows the tasks in sprints as expected.

I then created a new Plan, point the issue source to the project (no filters). I made sure the rollups and show capacity boxes where checked. And still I'm not seeing any dates nor sprints. Grouping by Sprints shows "Unassigned" at the top. 

If I switch to the Sprint Capacity view, still in the Plan, the sprints show up in the sprint column (but not the Gant chart) and the have the "EXT" tag on them. Which implies I need to create the sprints within the Plan? But I'm not seeing any button to do so. Not to mention, managing sprints at the Plan level means that all of the teams would have to use the same sprint cadence, which is unlikely to be feasible. 

Anyone find a way to get sprints from Projects to show up in the Plan start/end dates?

And the "Use sprint dates when issues don't have start and end dates" box is checked. The Start/End date are left as their defaults - Start date is set to "Start date (id: 10015)", End date is set to "Due date"

Like gayan suranga likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events