Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Stop deploying changes piece-meal, Example Advanced Roadmaps

Melanie Pasztor May 26, 2023

Hello!

I feel like venting some of my frustration about how Atlassian is handling their cloud releases. I already knew that despite improvements with Cloud, there are hard-set limits in comparison to Server/Data Center, whether mechanically or blocked for sake of cloud instance performance.

But when it comes to release changes with Cloud, they implement them whenever across all Cloud instances. Worse, they tend to do it implementing big changes piece by piece rather than simply wait and be completely done. Sure sometimes they do that with some version releases of Server/Data Center, yet at least customers and admins have control over that, like not implementing the update and means to hack/mod in workarounds.

The trigger for my frustration at the moment is Advanced Roadmaps and their piece by piece changes with Epic/Parent links, name switching, disconnect between AR and Agile board roadmaps, renaming roadmap to timeline for AR, issue type hierarchy being utterly useless and should be kept under AR product settings until completely ready for Jira Cloud, allowing renaming of Epic yet warns not to change them, etc. Sometimes something works, and then stops for whatever ex development or server performance reason, or in preparation for the eventual big implementation change if not perpetuitily delayed. 

Meanwhile limit and block plugin solutions to fix or replace AR, forced to create separate mainly read-only pages with no real integration.

Suggestion: Hold off from any changes on LIVE instances of your Cloud products until it has completely finished development. Or let us implement workarounds or be selective with updates like we can on Server/Data Center. If you want data and help test stuff, then have BETA or EARLY ACCESS instances that companies and admins can choose to op in. 

Also, allow submitting Suggestions issues. Have the option at jira.atlassian.com, yet just says to contact support at support.atlassian.com. Go to contact support and select product suggestions, it re-directs you back to jira.atlassian.com. Hence this discussion post here at community.atlassian.com instead. 

Thank you!

edit: Also would be nice to merge previous community profiles when email changes. This is not really my first community post. :p 

2 comments

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2023

Hey @Melanie Pasztor If you are on Premium or Enterprise you can control this via Manage product release tracks | Atlassian Support

If on standard, then you are at the mercy of an Agile SaaS product and the release schedule they choose.

Bree Davies
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2023

Hey Melanie,

I'm Bree, a PM who works on JSW (and specifically Advanced Roadmaps). Firstly just want to apologise for the frustration, we know these are big changes so we have been trying to roll them out independently to reduce the amount of big change in one hit but appreciate it is still a lot. 

As Curt suggests, release tracks could be helpful for your use case. 

Alternatively, I'm available if you'd like to talk - I'd love to hear more about your experience with Jira Cloud, so we can keep your feedback in mind as we work on improvements to our product. 

You can find my Calendly here, please shout (bdavies@atlassian.com) if none of these times work for you. 

Cheers

Bree

Like Curt Holley likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events