how to display a script field in the create and edit screen

Hi...I have been reading that this is a limitation in scriptrunner that script fields are not displayed neither in edit nor create screens but I have also read that there are some workarounds but I have not found them. And I understand the reason why script fields dont show in those screens but there are situations where they should be displayed. For instance, I have a script field to show the Epic ID if a Story is associated to a Epic. The scripts works in the view screen of the Story and Issue Navigavor (the epic ID is being properly displayed). However, I would also like that when the user is creating the Story and select an Epic Link to link to it, that the Epic ID of the selected epic be displayed. Similarly, I would like that when the Story is being edited, if the user changes the Epic Link, the Epic ID of the new epic link selected be displayed. Is there a way to accomplish that? I am on the latest version of JIRA 7.3.4, and the latest version of scriptrunner 5.0.1

Thank you in advance!

1 answer

0 votes

Scripted fields only have a "view" template, because users can't put data in them.  This tells JIRA that there is nothing to show on screens which need input.

There is no way to get them to appear on screens that allow for updates.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

239 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot