User agent string value not showing EDGE browser info

acc1211
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2021

I have tried getting the user agent string for the issue created and when anychanges were made to them but my scripted field is capturing the value for the Firefox and Chrome browser only .

when the changes are made to the issue in the EDGE browser the value for the user sgent string is coming out as Chrome .

Is it a glitch Or something ??

Can somebody help

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2021

No it is not a glitch. In simple words MS Edge is infact just a skin/Theme for Chrome. Normally the user-agent for edge says Edg or Edge but older websites cannot detect the new edge browser so they detect chrome due to compatibility.

which product version are you using? an upgrade might help here.

acc1211
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2021

I am currently using V 6.18 for the script runner and the edge browser is 88.0.705

if you see in the attach it shows that edge value is detected but browser comes upto be as chrome. Capture2.PNG

i thought that edge and chrome are from two different companies microsoft and google never  knew that it was the theme or the skin for Chrome . Let me check on that  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2021

Edge and Chrome are indeed from MS and Google respectively.  MS dumped their browser technology and move to Chrome when they started building Edge.  Officially it was it makes no commercial sense to build your own tech, but from what I've heard and read, it was more to do with the MS technology being broadly rubbish and needing too much work to fix it.

acc1211
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2021

Thank you @Danyal Iqbal @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  for your response . i have made my research about it and i am satisfied

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events