ScriptRunner is crashing my Jira server when I try to execute codes or add custom jobs

Shamanth April 22, 2023

Hi,

I am facing issues with ScriptRunner when I am trying to execute some of my scripts that used to work previously without any problems. And after the recent update of ScriptRunner, all my old codes is causing my Jira to crash. The server log files reveal a JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR and I am unable to find out why.

My Jira server is currently running v9.4.1 and the ScriptRunner was also updated to v8.1.0. 

The instance had to be reboot everytime it crashes and this is very annoying for me and the server admins. Is there a possible way to uninstall and re-install ScriptRunner without losing all my configurations and codes that were developed on ScriptRunner?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2023

Hi @Shamanth 

If not mistaken, when you update an app, Jira will uninstall it first and then install the newer version. If this is the case, then you will not lose any data.

I would advise you to create a copy of your instance and install there the previous version of scriptrunner and see if the problem is resolved. I do not suggest working/doing changes on a live production environment.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events