Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Script Runner Setting Values

Hi,

I am new to Script Runner, Need the following points wrt Jira Service Desk in Server Version.

a) Can anyone suggest how to select value in Single Select List using Script Runner.

b) I have user email address, how to add the user to Single User Picker using Script Runner.

Can you share the links for learning Coding in Script Runner.

1 answer

0 votes

For a)

Is this about a Behaviour (setting a default from a select list based on some other data) or is about doing it on the back end (calculating and pushing a value into a field when a user updates an issue for example)

For b)

A single user picker selects from a list of users, as defined by the field context.  Even with SR, you can't just jam an email address in there, the field needs to select a user.  (But you can use SR to find and set a user selection, as per a) )

In both cases, and for help with SR coding, you might find https://library.adaptavist.com of some help!

@Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ 

Need to update the custom fields from Script Runner in Workflow Create Post Function.

The post-functions in the library can show you how to do this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

102 views 1 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you