Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove an option from issue type list in a create screen

Dan27 July 23, 2018

Hi all!

I would like to remove 'QVR' option from issue type drop list (inside create screen).

someone can help me? I try with behaviour without success..

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2018

Hi @Dan27,

As mentioned by @informatikus just you need to remove the particular issue type from the issue type scheme of that project.

Let me ask one thing what do you mean by 

I want this issue type will create only from workflow,

Dan27 July 23, 2018

Hi @Yogesh Mude ,

I have a workflow that create automatically this issue type- So I need it in the scheme.

I don't want that users (in all types) can create this issue type by create screen- So I need to hide it from this screen.

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2018

Nope, there is no way to hide the issue type from the create screen unless until you can not remove this from the scheme.

And you can't restrict users on basis of issue type while creating issues.

Dan27 July 23, 2018

@Yogesh Mude and readonly is an option??

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2018

So you need to provide the access to perticular group/role as a  Browse project permission for that specific project so that the users belong to these group/role they can only see the issues but not able to create it.

Dan27 July 24, 2018
0 votes
informatikus
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2018
No text
0 votes
informatikus
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2018

You say you would like to remove the option to choose a specific issue type?

Why go the hard way scripting out this option instead of just removing the issue type from the project (scheme wise)?

Dan27 July 23, 2018

Hi @informatikus ,

I want this issue type- but I want this issue type will create only from workflow, and not from the create screen.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events