Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add comments on customer behalf

Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2021

Hey Community,

I am trying to create a rest end point using script runner to allow users to add comments on behalf of service management customer.

Is there any tips to do that please let me know

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2021

Bad Practice. Dont do it.

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2021

@Danyal Iqbal 

Thanks for your valuable feedback,  but you didn't ask me in which scenario i needed 🙂.

Let me share why i needed and then please advise,  is usefull or not.

Actually,  for Service Desk, I have AI email bot which processing all of emails and this bot will create tickets and comments from customers emails.  Now the problem is, for comments bot will not be able to create comment for the actual customer. 

Can you please advise if there is any better way to achieve the same, without excluding the AI Bot

aleksnako March 8, 2021

Hi @Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)

Why your bot is not able to comment on behalf of the customer? You have options using both java api or rest api.

Regards

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2021

Bot need the rest api only that's why. I found the way by the way, i created my own rest end point by using the java api's and then provided that custom rest end point.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events