Hiding Transition until The user has to logwork

Pooja November 4, 2018

Hi All,

Can someone suggest me how to hide the transition until the logwork has to done.

• I have 2 transitions from To Do to In-Progress
  • Case 1:One is sent for In-Progress Approval from To-do To In-progress
  • Case 2: One is directly to  In-Progress without approval from to-do to in-progress.
  • In Case 2 , once the user logwork on the ticket then only the transition In-Progress has to visible to the user.
  • Can someone suggest me any add-on or code for this scenario?

Regards,

Pooja

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2018

How about showing the transition but making Time Spent field required on a screen? Thanks to that users in order to transition would need to put the value in the field. All you need is a field on a screen and workflow validator on specific transition. This might be however not available OOTB. I personally use "Field required" validator that is available in JSU -  Suite Utilities for Jira plugin.

If you want to restrict log work on specific statuses (which is more interesting since users cannot log also from the issue details view) it might be done via workflow properties. Check this KB article for more info:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-restrict-log-work-on-a-specific-status-834225982.html

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events