Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do the IssueLinkCreated/Updated events support external links to an issue?

Nati Levi January 29, 2018

Hi,

In JIRA 7.5 Atlassian inroduced the IssueLinkCreatedEvent and IssueLinkDeletedEvent, as detailed in jira-core-7-5-x-release-notes.

Does anybody know if these event support the create or delete event of an external issue link? Specifically, a link to a confluence page, such as link types: "mentioned in" or "Wiki Page" link?

Thanks,

Nati.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2018

Hello Nati.

No, it doesn't, because that link wouldn't be an issueLink, it would be an external link. If you check the documentation, it says that it returns an IssueLink, which has objects and ids. 

I am actually not sure if you check for confluence links without using the issueEdit event, and that would be a bit overkill.

Did this help at all? Can I help you further?

Cheers!

DYelamos

Nati Levi January 31, 2018

Hi Daniel and thanks for the answer!

I've posted the same question on Atlassian support and got this answer:

"Yes, it is supporting the create or delete the event from an external issue link. Do take note this feature is not to be used in notification schemes, it only used for writing a plugin or create webhooks to get informed about changes to your issue links."

Now I'm confused....

What do you think?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2018

Hi Nati!

I am not going to contradict my hosts as you can imagine. I could have been wrong in which case I apologise. I would not know how to extract the information that you want from that event though...

Cheers!

DYelamos

Hi Daniel and thanks for the quick reply!

We're actually a client of Adaptavist's script runner and would like to try looking more deeply into how we can confirm this information and use these events using scripted field or scripted post function with Script Runner.

I hope it's the right place to do it, but please correct me if I'm wrong- could you help us find out how to extract this information using a script?

Thanks!

Nati Levi.

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2018

Hi Nati. 

I could, let me do some investigation in these couple of days and get back to you. Is this very urgent? I'm a bit busy with a development. If it is, I could ask someone from customer support to get to you.

Cheers!

DYelamos

Hi Daniel,

That would be great!

I don't mind waiting. We'll be back to work on Sunday here.

But if it's any inconvenience to you, you can transfer our request to your support.

Thanks,

Nati Levi.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events