cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display message when select a ticket type

Heshan Manamperi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2019

Is it possible to show a message when selecting a ticket type? For an instance, when selecting BUG ticket type, it should show an error or a warning message under the ticket type field. Can you guys help me to solve this?

I tried the following script with Behaviours but not works

getFieldById ("project").clearError();
getFieldById ("project").setHelpText("<div class=\"aui-message error\">This is the text</div>");

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2019

Hi Heshan,

You can use the setError() method for the field. See https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/behaviours-api-quickref.html

Regards,

Josh

Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2019

If I remember correctly, you can also do something like this if you want your own custom HTML:

description.setHelpText("<a href='http://google.com'>Google</a>")

For example, that should place a link to Google under the field on the form.

Regards,

Josh 

Heshan Manamperi
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2019

Hi Josh,

I need to have this under Ticket Type field. For an example, the message should display when I select STORY ticket type.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events